CYES offers numerous volunteer opportunities for those passionate about community involvement. Volunteering Provides an excellent chance to meet people and to engage in communities. Volunteers serve many very different roles in many organizations.
Volunteer Position: Finish Line Water Attendant–Vancouver Half Marathon
6:15am – 12:00pm, June 26th Sunday
Finish Area – Museum of Vancouver (1100 Chestnut St, in Kitsilano)
1. Visit the following link: https://canadarunningseries.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?id=62613
2. Where it says “Have a password? Enter it here:” type in “APASS”
3. Click “Submit password”
4. Scroll until you see the highlighted yellow time. This is your group’s volunteer shift. Click the checkbox.
5. Scroll further to the bottom to fill out your information.
6. Click “Sign Up to Volunteer” at the bottom to submit your form.
Visit Your Local Volunteer Centre!
Most Communities Have A Volunteer Centre Which May Be Able To Help You In Your Search For Volunteer Opportunities. Here Is A Listing Of Centres You Might Try:
Community centres and Neighbourhood Houses
Your Volunteer Opportunity May Be As Close As Your Local Community Centre Or Neighbourhood House. These Centres Offer Many Programs – For Children, For Families, For Youth. Programs Could Involve Food, Sports, Socializing And More. Drop In To Learn More About Their Programs And How Volunteers Assist To Deliver Them!
- South Vancouver Neighbourhood House: Www.Southvan.Org
- Burnaby Neighbourhood House: Www.Burnabynh.Ca
- Collingwood Neighborhood House: Www.Cnh.Bc.Ca/About/Volunteering
- Gordon House: Www.Gordonhouse.Org
- Kiwassa Neighbourhood House: Www.Kiwassa.Ca
- Britannia Community Services Centre: Www.Britanniacentre.Org/Community/Volunteer
Volunteer Opportunities For Youths
There Are Valuable Opportunities For Young People Interested In Volunteering Within Their Communities. The Following Organizations Provide Volunteer Opportunities For Youths Between The Ages Of 12 – 19 In The Vancouver And Other Connected Cities/Communities.
Created And Maintained By Youth And Staff Of The City Of Vancouver’s Social Policy Division, This Portal Offers A Wealth Of Information For Youth In Vancouver, Including A Fabulous Listing Of Current Youth Oriented Volunteer Opportunities.
Make This Your First Stop:
The North Shore Youth Volunteer Directory is published annually by North Shore Community Resources. It provides a very comprehensive listing of organizations offering volunteer opportunities for youth on the North Shore.
View the directory here: www.nscr.bc.ca/volunteer/youth.html
Broadway Youth Resource Centre
Broadway Youth Resource Centre (BYRC) offers a comprehensive program for youth at risk, including social, health, education, employment and life skills services.
Volunteers contribute in a number of ways in the community and within the centre. These include:
- Community outreach
- Special Events
- Community Garden
- Carwash Fundraisers
For more information: www.pcrs.ca/broadway_youth_resource_centre/youth-volunteer-program3
Check Your Head
Check Your Head (CYH) is a youth-driven organization which educates and activates young people on a host of issues from migrant justice, to climate change to leadership! Over 100 volunteers support Check Your Head. Youth volunteers are encouraged. Opportunities include:
- Researching social justice issues
- Facilitating workshops,
- Organizing education and outreach materials,
- Assisting with fundraisers and community events
Learn more here: www.checkyourhead.org